On this generation much like before, we plan to bring our tradition of pure audio excellence to the highest level possible, whilst integrating some new features created by the demand of the ever changing way in which we consume audio.
Based on the “Best CD player under £500” by “What Hi-Fi Sound and Vision?” in 2012, the new CD6005 is a fine-tuned version with even more specially selected components like new customized block capacitors for the audio stage, high speed Schottky Diodes or the coppered stabilizer plate on the power regulator to minimize vibration. We have also added a solid metal bottom-plate and centralised the CD mechanism.
That is how, for example, vibration is virtually eliminated. In addition, the oversized power supply feeds the digital and analogue circuitry of the player, where the same high-quality DAC as in the PM6005 converts digital signals to analogue, this is then ‘pushed’ to the gold-plated synch outputs by our own small signal amplifier, the HDAM-SA2. Moreover, a new remote is included that also controls the PM6005 amp.
There is also a new ‘low-power stand-by’ and ‘auto stand-by’ mode to save electricity. Altogether, the CD6005 is a match made in heaven for the music lover who wants nothing but the best performance at an attractive price. One more thing: it is also perfect for lovers of portable music, thanks to its iPod-digital connectivity.
CD6005 CD Player main features:
• CD, CD-R/RW playback, USB-A input Certified “Made for iPhone/iPod”
• Support of WAV, MP3, AAC , WMA file playback via USB-A input
• High quality 192kHz/24bit D/A conversion (CS4398) and accurate system clock
• HDAM-SA2 circuitry on board for high quality audio
• Customized audio components
• High Speed Schottky Diodes
• Coppered stabilizer plate for power regulator to minimize vibration
• Full discrete headphone amplifier
• Double layered bottom plate for extra stability
• Gold Plated L/R/Coax Outputs
The PM6005 is more than an upgraded successor to the multi-award-winning PM6004. Much more!
Because now you can connect this superb integrated amplifier directly to a vast range of digital sources and use its superior DAC to create an unbelievably high level of audio enjoyment with new media. We have retained the pre-amp and power-amp sections that exclusively feature discrete components – not a single IC in sight of the signal path.
That’s because specially selected single components not only outperform ICs in quality, they also make it possible to refine the sound in much more detail, resulting in more clarity and transparency. Furthermore, it still has a low impedance shielded Toroidal transformer, as well as customized main capacitors.
And all of the original features - such as six-line analogue audio input including phono, two-pairs of gold-plated speaker connections with the convenience of bi-wiring or speaker A/B, and a remote handset - are all still there. But now, the PM6005 includes optical and coaxial digital inputs to connect a wide range of sources like a digital media player connected to the network or a TV / TV-box.
The high-quality Digital-Analogue-Converter (DAC) is the 24bit/192kHz high current CS4398, which is already proven in many Premium Range products. And the complete digital section is fully shielded by an extra metal housing to ensure that the digital stage has no effect on the analogue signal. In short, the new PM6005 is a proven and excellent bridge to the future.
PM6005 Integrated Amplifier with digital input main features:
• Integrated Current Feedback Amplifier with 2x 45W / 8 ohm rms
• Digital input (opt. / coax.) to extend connectivity
• Best audio from digital input signal by high quality DAC CS4398 and Marantz HDAM SA2
• Fully shielded DAC unit
• Gold Plated Inputs/Outputs incl. Phono (MM) input
• Marantz proprietary HDAM-SA3 circuits
• Toroidal Transformer and high quality customized components
• High quality Speaker Terminals (A / B switchable)
• System remote to control Amplifier, CD-Player and Network Player